cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Has the Scanner discussion area been eliminated?

j2a
Apprentice

It may as well be eliminated. I have a simple question -- my Canon says it scans but it then requires me to link with computer links that don't exist. If I don't then it won't scan. But I can't Canon, however, is too stupid to recognize that When they require A for you to do something, and then forbid you from A -- you're stuck. I'll get another printer/scanner of course, but it doesn't seem fair to sell a product and then not have that product function. At all.

2 REPLIES 2

Danny

Hi, j2a!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which Canon product you're using, which operating system is running on your computer (i.e. Windows or Mac OS, and which version thereof), and what these links are that you're referring to. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

@j2a wrote:

It may as well be eliminated. I have a simple question -- my Canon says it scans but it then requires me to link with computer links that don't exist. If I don't then it won't scan. But I can't Canon, however, is too stupid to recognize that When they require A for you to do something, and then forbid you from A -- you're stuck. I'll get another printer/scanner of course, but it doesn't seem fair to sell a product and then not have that product function. At all.

"but it then requires me to link with computer links that don't exist." - What does this mean exactly?

So that we don't have to guess.... attempt to decypher or turn on our crystal ball

Please tell us:

Computer and OS you are using

Printer Model

How is the printer connected

Drivers you are using

A better description of the problem, error message or challenge you're facing might also help.  Link with computer links that don't exist doesn't describe an actual action, what you did, or what the result was.   

Not sure why you've come here seeking assistance, but then call Canon stupid.  Its you who needs help obviously. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements