cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printer not connected

Bushiest
Apprentice

I keep getting messages that the printer is not connected, or offline.   I even reinstalled the disk and started over but I get the same message.   Yesterday, I was online with a tech and he was able to get into my system (with my permission - hope that wasn't a mistake).  He told me I have an 'Internal communication system' problem, and that they could correct it for $99+, which would take about 20-30 minutes.    I tried looking up this term and could not find anything related to printers or computer lingo.   Is this a legitimate problem with a printer?    Can I correct this myself?    What if I just purchased a new printer (mine is only 3-4 years old, but I have been having a lot of printing error issues of late)?    I am not the tech savvy person, but am willing to try and seek out help

1 REPLY 1

Stephen

Hi, Bushiest!

Canon Support is closed on the weekends, so it sounds like you most likely weren't speaking with Canon Support. Also, I don't believe our chat support has authority to remote into your PC, only certain phone agents do. Our ONLY website here in the US is usa.canon.com

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly what model printer you're using (it's usually on the top or front of the unit), any error messages you're seeing, and the Computer Operating System you're using (Windows Vista/7/8/10 or macOS 10.x), as well as the way you connect to your device (USB or networked via WiFi or Ethernet).

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If you're in the United States, and this is an urgent support need, please click HERE to enter your product information and discover your support options. 

If you're outside of the USA, please click HERE to find support options in your country.

Thanks and have a great day!

Announcements