cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P23-DH V calculator displaying an E (error?)

DA90108
Apprentice

An 'E' displays in the lower left-hand corner of the screen when I move the ON button to PRT and then none of the buttons work.  I have put in 4 new AA batteries as well as a new 2032 Lithium battery. The same problem occurs if I plug into AC power.  The calculator only works from the OFF to ON position but I need to be able to use the print capability. What does the 'E' mean and how can I get the print to work?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

DA90108
Apprentice

SOLUTION (found on fixya.com): After removing the paper and paper cover, I removed the ink roller (it's marked 'PULL UP').  I gently nudged the numerical stamp to the left 2-3 times then it moved to the right. It was apparently stuck/jammed/off track causing the FEED to stop working.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

DA90108
Apprentice

SOLUTION (found on fixya.com): After removing the paper and paper cover, I removed the ink roller (it's marked 'PULL UP').  I gently nudged the numerical stamp to the left 2-3 times then it moved to the right. It was apparently stuck/jammed/off track causing the FEED to stop working.

Same exact problem, but unfortunately this solution does not work for me. I have checked the paper path for jam (nothing) and put in brand new AA alkaline batteries. No progress.

weniki50
Apprentice

I followed the instructions above. It worked!  Sad thing is I had already written my adding machine off as broken and bought a new version of it. 

Announcements