cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this Canon sweepstakes email legit?

Chippya
Apprentice

I received an email today stating that I was a 2nd prize winner. While everything looked legit, still I don’t want to open the attachments that came with it, asking for a picture of my **bleep**. Is there a way to find the names of National Park Sweepstakes winners. I will not have time to get a written list of winners names before the date to fill in the paperwork. I don’t want to open the attachments until I know something. Thank you 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Tintype_18
Authority
Authority

Skip it, delete it. If I claimed everything that I "won," I would have to rent a storage unit to hold it. Any time they ask for something, that is a hint it isn't kosher.

Once I got a call from two different guys within 15 minutes, asking if I got the Publisher's Clearing House package. I didn't order anything. Places will contact by registered mail or some other means and not by a phone call.

John
Canon EOS T7; EF-S 18-55mm IS; EF 28-135mm IS; EF 75-300mm; Sigma 150-600mm DG

View solution in original post

I did some deep research. It is probably legit with that email address. I too was very skeptical. To help, see the second reply to my question. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Tintype_18
Authority
Authority

Skip it, delete it. If I claimed everything that I "won," I would have to rent a storage unit to hold it. Any time they ask for something, that is a hint it isn't kosher.

Once I got a call from two different guys within 15 minutes, asking if I got the Publisher's Clearing House package. I didn't order anything. Places will contact by registered mail or some other means and not by a phone call.

John
Canon EOS T7; EF-S 18-55mm IS; EF 28-135mm IS; EF 75-300mm; Sigma 150-600mm DG

SamanthaW

Please reach out on Instagram if possible, our handle is CanonUSA (We've got the verified checkmark!). We'll be able to ask for your info to determine if it is legit or not! 

Thanks for suggesting this as I recently got an email as well from [Removed Social Email]

Are all emails from this address usually valid?

You just never know with how many scams are floating around out there 😞

I did some deep research. It is probably legit with that email address. I too was very skeptical. To help, see the second reply to my question. 

Hi there!

Happy to answer, however I removed the email address to keep it from being flooded with emails that don't belong there! Yes, that specific email address is used by the Canon USA Social Media team specifically to notify winners. The general rule I like to recommend however, is always reach out to us on our verified Social Media handles and we are happy to confirm with you privately whether it is our email address or not! 

Hope this helps! 

click here to view the gallery
Announcements