cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introduce yourself!

MichaelTheMaven
Contributor

I thought this would be a good thread for everyone to come in and tell a little about yourself, especially as the forum is just getting started.

My name is Michael Andrew, but I go by Michael The Maven. I have been a Canon shooter for almost 10 years now and I LOVE Canon gear. 

I started off primarily as a portrait and wedding photorgapher, after a few years of working as a videographer in the wedding industry in Alabama. For the past 5 years, I have run a free online photography school for beginning Canon shooters and have have produced several Canon training videos, many clips of which can be seen on Youtube. I am intimiately familiar with the following Canon gear:

Canon Rebel XSi

Canon Rebel T1i

Canon Rebel T2i

Canon Rebel T3i

Canon Rebel T4i

Canon 40D

Canon 50D

Canon 60D

Canon 5D

Canon 7D

Canon 5Dii

Canon 5Diii

Canon Speedlite 430, 580 Ex, Exii

Canon Speedlite 600

I look forward to meeting everyone and sharing my knowledge with you if I can help!

Michael

139 REPLIES 139

RochelleM
Apprentice

Hi Michael and everyone!

I am Rochelle, a proud owner of my very first DSLR EOS Rebel T6! I also have a PowerShot SX530HS.

I'm a bit nervous but VERY excited to get acquainted with it! I am an amateur novice hobbyist photographer.

My favorite shots are landscapes and pets.

Looking forward to learning and participating in this forum. 

Peace,

Rochelle

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

Oops, came to this thread a bit late; been here for about a month now.

My name is Ricky and am an avid Canon enthusiast.  While I have been using Canon products since the point-and-shoot film-based Elph, it wasn't until 2013 that I picked up my first DSLR.

I have been working as a full time software engineer and owner of a software side business for over 25 years.  A lot of my work also involves graphics.  But while I've been using Photoshop for over 25 years, I only started to do photo work after I picked up the DSLR.

As such, I have a very strong technical knowlege, but am slowing building up the artistic side of things.

I don't though have any desire to shoot professionally.  I just really enjoy capturing memories of family vacations or working on challenging technical projects just to learn.   While I like the end results, sometimes it's the technical journey that I enjoy the most.

Finally, why Canon?  Like Apple, they have complete integrated solutions which I really enjoy and fits my style of working perfectly.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

hi there IS-eos

Boy Id sure love to pick your brain.  Im good at the artistic part but lack the technical skills to be confident.  Good for you expanding your horizons.

what are you shooting with now?

Ive advanced from SL1 to 70D w. some big long lenses, and learning how to shoot better.  Im still not editing, but thats the next hurdle for me.  If we can trade ideas I would love that.

Here is a couple recent shots I like alot, but Im NO expert for sure._MG_5170.JPG_MG_5513.JPG_MG_5431 (2).JPG_MG_5800.JPG

guzelseo
Apprentice

I'm ege. I am basicly newbie.

falconfirsit
Contributor

Hi guys! I am new on this forum and already like the posts here))

DeadSurvivor
Apprentice

I'm A B-Movie Actor (Extra) And Double As A Stuntman For Low Budget Film Studios:  Dark Sky Films And The Asylum.  I Consider My Acting Projects To Be A Part-Time Job.

I Review Pre-Release Budget Films For Mill Creek Entertainment.

I Consider Product Reviews, Blogging, And Website/Blog Template Designs To Be My Main Source Of Income.

When I'm Not Occupied With The Above Activities, I Play Various MMO Games Or Can Be Found Fishing, Which Is A Hobby Of Mine.

Shannon_Kemp
Apprentice

Hi, I'm Shannon from Canada. I am a longtime fan of this brand.

angierobins
Contributor

hello Michael

My name is Angie Robins I am trying to build my knowledge of canon so i can take sport photos that i am proud of.  I started with a rebel 5 then rebel 6 now i have a 5D Mark iii and want to learn how to do my own editing and capturing the best photo possible.  I shoot with a 70-200 F2.8 lens and have both CF and SD cards some forum out there tell me that the CF card is faster.   However I have a SD card that will write 300 mbs when my CF  card only does 150 which one will do a better job for sports?  (if you don't mind helping a girl out)

indryvina
Apprentice

hello everyone...

im indry...

Lineman_8144
Apprentice

Hello All, My name is Ernie and I would like to say thank you to everyone that takes part in the conversations that are had on this forum. I have been learning a lot just by reading. I have issues with folks that sign up on forums and ask questions that have been answered 1000 times so I try to find answers before I ask any questions. Now a bit about me, I'm currently in the great state of CA. I was born and raised in PA and I reside in  Florida.  I consider myself to be a wannabe picture taker. I won't put myself in the photographer category due to it being disrespectful to the real ones. I only started 2 yrs ago with a T7i, but since then have picked up an R6 with the RF 100-500, RF 800 w/1.4 extender, RF 15-35, RF 50, RF 100 macro, and now getting the RF 70-200 2.8. Main focus is wildlife and I love the Canon gear. Thanks again for having me and I really appreciate the knowledge that is dropped all throughout these threads. My next research is into which speedlite I should purchase. Enjoy your Sunday folks.

Announcements