Canon Community Canon Community

Re: Introduce yourself!

Hello Zews!

We took a look and noticed your missing reply was flagged due to a 3rd party link. We've removed that link for you and the post is visibile now. You should be able to see it under your recent post list!

Occasional Contributor

Thank you Samantha,

I did not realize that I was not allowed to post a 3rd party link. Most forums allow this, as long as you are not trying to advertise or sell anything.

In this case the lack of that link does not matter, because in the next sentence in my post I said "Although it works fine for scanning do not get this, as it is the wrong utility."

I can see the post again. I hope that all the people who complained about the absence of MP Navigator EX compatibility with the MX922 printer will be able to benefit from my post.

Hi Again Zews!

We may remove posts that can be considered promotion of third party products, promotions, websites, organizations, goods, or services. Your post was brought to our attention due to the nature of the link (as it was a download). For a more complete list of guidelines feel free to review this. 

I hope this helps! Thanks for your participation in the Canon Community Forum!

Valued Contributor

Greetings,

Name is Rick, I live in CA-Bay Area. 

39 yrs with Canon.  My first camera was an AE-1 (1978).  Had a few video cameras and point and shoots (Canon) since then.  I purchased a T6s in late 2015 and recently moved to FF 6D2.  I shoot architecture, landscapes and nature for the most part.   

There is always more to learn, and I am looking forward to sharing my enthusiast level knowledge with others.

Rick
Bay Area - CA
~6D2 (f/w 1.0.4) ~16-35mm f2.8L II, 50 f1.8 STM, 85 prime USM, 70-200 f2.8L IS II ~70-300 USM II ~Sigma 24-70 f2.8 Art (f/w 2.01)
~Sigma 150-600 C + TC1401 1.4x (f/w 1.03) ~Speedlite 430 EX II ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~Windows10 Pro nVidia GPU 1803
Occasional Contributor

Hi Michael and everyone

Just joined the community today.My passion is wild lifre photography ranging from insects to maammakls nd in particular birds in flight.  I have been a Canon user for a number of years and have had a particular success with my Canon 300 mm prime lense with 1.4 extender using my 7d Mark11 which I love.

I have just bought a Canon 100 x400 4.5 5.6 L IS2 USM+ 1.4 Mark 111 Extender to use with my 7d Mark 11 camera and am experiencing problems with focusing at 60/70 yards at 400mm with extender. I use AI Servo for birds in flight. F8 - 11. Speed between 500 and 3200. IS0 Auto max 3200. Tracking case 1. It seems to be better at slow rather than fast speeds! Pretty good up to 40 yards using One Shot Mode. I use Centre spot or Extended Cross - can't expand further using using extender. Have not changed Microadjustments. I shoot hand held - birds in flight don't stay still! Have tried all 3 stablizer settings. I have been quite experenced and had good results up to now using my 300mm prime lense. I purchases the 100 X 400 with Extender to obtain better reach as I am missing some shots - very disappointed so far!!Any advice would be most welcome. Thanks in advance.

Richard Sharman

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi.  My name is Martin Connor.  I have been a keen photographer since the early 1970's when I got my first SLR, a Zenit E.  Since then I have owned a succession of Canon's :- AE-1, A-1, EOS 650, EOS 300D (Digital Rebel in States), EOS 350D.

I retired in 2010 having married in 2006, so the 350D is still my current camera.

I am still using the lenses I bought for the EOS 650, though my 100mm to 300mm zoon now has a sticky diaphram so I can only use it wide open.

An I.T. Professional for most of my working life, I still like programming and making whatever use I can of technology.  It is a run in with Windows 10 and Digital Photo Professional 4.7 that has brought me to this forum.

New Contributor

Hi  my name is Zoltan .

I m working in company where I have some problems with canon devices.

I m interested to solved them.

Super Contributor

My name is Rodger and I live in the central IL area.  My first Canon was an AE 1 bought while I was still an undergrad.  Later I bought an EOS 620 right after finishing my doctorate and used it for many years.  In 1999 I first tried digital with one of the early Kodak models because I was traveling to Cuba and didn't want to take a large SLR and lenses with me; it took OK images but after shooting an image there was a 45 second wait while it flushed its buffer and it nearly ended up in Havana bay due to my frustration Smiley Happy  A few years later I bought a 1D Mark ii and the EOS 620 went into retirement and I just uprgraded to a 1DX Mark ii mostly for better low light performance.

I retired a couple of years ago and hope to spend much more time with the new camera.  Right now it is getting a lot of use with my 14 year old daughter's soccer games and the motivation to finally upgrade from the older 1DM2 was because her winter league games are in a horribly lit indoor facility that challenges even the 1DXM2 with a 70-200 F2.8.

EOS 1DX M2, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

My first camera, an Asahi Pentax Spotmatic was purchased in Japan in 1969 (unfortunately stolen in 1980). This was followed immediately by an AE-1. I took a twenty or so year break from photography until August, 2016 when a T6i was purchased along with four lenses covering 10mm - 300mm. What a wonderful camera! Digital processing is an order of magnitude different from the old days when my brother had a complete b/w darkroom. My wife just bought a SX60HS which is another wonderful product.

My hero has always been Ansell Adams. I follow his "straight photography" concept out the window. Ninety percent of my photos are landscapes. Living in the foothills of the Colorado Rocky Mountains makes that an easy task. Deb and I just ordered a relatively high quality negative scanner so we can digitize our old film images. Now I can shoot b/w film with the AE-1 again. Smiley Very Happy For me black and white photography is the ultimate form of the art.

"A book's a great place to hide out in" - Trevanian
Frequent Contributor

Hello! My name is Andrew! I am a beginner/amateur photographer in New Jersey. Back when I was in high school (class of 2015), I won a scholarship award for outstanding achievement in photography, and after a few years being very busy with working as a grocery cashier, I plan to get back into my favorite hobby going into college very soon.

I own a Canon Rebel T6i, a camera that I really enjoy using a lot for my nature hikes, especially with my mom. I chose Canon because I value peace of mind and reliablity with my products. Another reason being is that Canon's custumoer service is really fantastic. One time my T6i had an issue with the circuit board and they were able to fix it ahead of schedule and in good working order for free which really pleases me.

I can't wait to interact, speak, ask questions and learn new material with you all!

Andrew
Nature Photography Hobbyist / Enthusiast
Canon EOS Rebel T6i