cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ImageFormula R40 and Big Sur

rlesavoy
Apprentice

I have been able to install and use this scanner only because I am running windows on my MAC I was unable to see or install the scanner in my MAC OS which is Big Sur 11-01. IS there a compatibility issue? I soo no software or drivers available for my MAC OS system. 

8 REPLIES 8

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

There are no drivers or software listed for the R40 after Catalina.  

You may have upgraded yourself right out of support.  

Support under Big Sur may or may not be coming.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

rlesavoy
Apprentice
Boxed up for return to vendor!

Greetings,

Yes, you may want to confirm compatibility before your next purchase

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

pennunez
Apprentice

I have been trying with support people to install this scanners. At first it appears to work and I am able to scan documents; however, after a little while when I try to scan the is a problem with the driver. It is very unusual problem since the scanner actually works. Unfortunatelly, this is the only driver that is not working in my comouter since I upgrade it. I have a Macmini with M1 processor running under Big Sur OS 11.2. It is a shame, this is an excellent scanner and I need it a lot! I have been trying with the Beta version fot this scanner, there is one for Big Sur!

Hi!

With the updates posted by Canon, I have been using my scanner 100% perfect under Mac OS 11.4 Big Sur. In addition, it is an M1 computer.

It is working just perfect, now I'm very happy!

ags3-musc
Apprentice

Big Sur has been available for several months.  I am still unable to get the R40 to scan on Big Sur.   

R40 works great on my M1 Mac running Big Sur. Canon states they support Big Sur for R40.

You do have to follow this process though:

You must first install the Twain driver for Big Sur, then seperately install the latest (June 2021) version of Capture on Touch software. 

No issues after I did this.

Is your Adobe Acrobat Pro able to create PDF's from the scanner?  Acrobat is unable to recognize the scanner.

Announcements