cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I render the entire PROFESSIONAL VIDEO section truly mute

John_SD
Whiz

I don't want to see any notification at all that someone posted in the PROFESSIOANL VIDEO section. I have tried to mute one particular poster, but I still keep getting notifications marked as spam when this person posts. I don't want to see anything from anyone in the professional video or get notified that a posting there took place. Is that possible? 

8 REPLIES 8

Stephen

So - I can't mute just one section, but I can turn off auto-notifications, so you're not being bombarded. 

John_SD
Whiz

Thank you. If you could turn off auto-notify for the Professonal Video section, that would be a vast improvement over the ongoing bombardment. I would not want a global turn-off of notifications for the entire site, though. 

I do have a request, however. Once a thread gets to be well over 100 replies and running, and the vast majority of posts/replies are between two or three guys, I think it is appropriate for the mod to end the discussion and request that the participants continue their chat via PMs and emails. Because it is not only a waste of your bandwidth to support running commentary between a couple of people for weeks and months on end, but it is an utter bore and an annoyance to others to get dinged left and right with these notifications. Thank you for your consideration. 

I made some changes. Hopefully, that helps! 

Now I am no longer getting email notifications of updates to my subscribed posts. May be coincidence, but it started right after this. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

@jrhoffman75 wrote:

Now I am no longer getting email notifications of updates to my subscribed posts. May be coincidence, but it started right after this. 

It's possible that it may be a side effect of the mod's action, but I don't blame him. The forum remains clunky and awkward and has been from day one. The more I use it, the less and less I like it. Simple actions become laborious with surprising and unintended consequences. Or they don't exist at all, such as the ability to mute an entire section. I believe that this site will require ongoing debugging for years to come. What should result in obvious and predictable behavior, such as invoking "mute," instead becomes a debugging scenario. The site remains user unfriendly in my view. YMMV.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Oh man.  He's talking about me.  LoL.  😆

Its OK John_SD.  I have brothers and sisters, so thick skin.  Sorry our R5C discussion is boring you.  Is it possible you are overly subscribed to some topics or forum sections?  Hopefully Stephen was able to help.  Feel free to ignore our conversations.  Unless you've massively doctored your settings, the forum will only show you new, or topics which have been replied to since your last visit.  This pertains to all forum topics and groups.  You don't have to click, open or read unless you want to.   

If you subscribe to a Forum Heading, you will get email notification any time a topic is updated. Many email hosting solutions might view these notifications as SPAM, unless you mark them otherwise. 

shadowsports_0-1654720025064.png

To unsubscribe to topics or entire forum headings, use the My Subscriptions option on the context menu (top-right

shadowsports_1-1654720133331.png

On the next page you can edit the topics and notifications you do or don't want to receive.  Hope this helps.

shadowsports_2-1654720287077.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

John_SD
Whiz

Thanks for the update. I have zero interest in your video postings and don't read them. It is more a matter of being annoyed by the continuing notifications of postings and posters who hold no interest for me. For whatever reason, I still get the notifications. MUTE seems to only relabel the post as spam and dump it into my spam folder. But the notifications persist. I will see what I can do on my end to get them to stop. The notifications of your video postings are just another irritant on top of the irritation I encounter whenever I use this clunky and poorly designed site. No offense. 

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

@john_SD,

None taken 🙂

All the best.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements