cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! My T3i suddenly stopped uploading pictures to my laptop

Cre8ivOne
Apprentice

I bought a T3i several months ago and have been using and loving my camera.  It was just tonight that when I went to upload the pictures from my camera onto my laptop the window on the screen indicated that there was nothing to upload.  I didn't change anything on my camera or remove memory card, I can look at and review pictures but for whatever reason they are not being acknowleged when I try to send from camera to laptop.  (I have an HP)  Is there a possibility I need to update software?  Please help, I take pictures often and I need to be able to put them on my computer.

Please and thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

A few things:

1)  Are you using a USB hub or is the computer and camera directly connected with no hub in the mix?  I've experienced a number of bad USB hubs (and went through 3 of them before finding one that worked reliably.)  You might also try a different USB port on the PC (it should not matter... but for some reason I've noticed with Windows it does sometimes make the difference.)

2)  What software are you using?  Canon's utilities or a 3rd party?

3)  Does your computer happen to have an SD card slot?  If yes, then you can always insert the card directly into the computer  rather than use the USB cable.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

@TCampbell wrote:

3)  Does your computer happen to have an SD card slot?  If yes, then you can always insert the card directly into the computer  rather than use the USB cable.

Or just attach a USB card reader to the computer. Card readers are almost invariably less finicky than direct camera-to-computer connections. Yes, using the computer's built-in card reader (if it has one) avoids the USB connection. But truthfully, it's very unlikely that the OP's problem lies in the USB cable or the computer's USB port.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Cre8ivOne
Apprentice
Thank you much! I will try these things. :). May end up buying an SD card reader

Cre8ivOne
Apprentice
Thank you very much- I am using the Canon utility, I will try the things mentioned. I really appreciate the great suggestions. 🙂

Are you sure there aren't there, somewhere?  Most software will not u/p images twice.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Cre8ivOne
Apprentice
Hi when I plug in the camera, the Canon screen says there is nothing to upload, and there at least 25 new pics that were never uploaded to the computer. I am going to try a few things that were suggested to me.
Announcements