cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drive assignments for manuals, info, and more

UnmcleBill
Apprentice

Hello,

Can Canon PLEASE allow a user to assign the drive and folder location for manuals, instructions, and "stuff" other than app software on other than the "C" drive? I've had one disk crash already because my UPS failed. I really dislike having to restore software but manuals? Not really.

5 REPLIES 5

Danny

Hi!  You can download all of the "stuff," such as drivers, software, firmware, and manuals, for your Canon devices for free from the Canon USA web site.  When you do, you're welcome to save them wherever you want.  Hope this helps!

normadel
Authority
Authority

What do you mean? Where downloads are saved directly to?  How are you doing it? This has nothing to do with Canon.

If a download doesn't go where you want it to for some reason, why don't you just move it? Sounds like you need help in how to manage your stuff.

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

Are you referring to those items where Canon has provided an installer, and that installer only allows you to set the destination to the C: drive?  I know some of Canon's manuals need to be installed via an installer (which is odd; hopefully they move to just using easily downloadable PDF files for all products).

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Not odd at all. There are numerous  On-screen manuals and E-manuals that are actual installations from Windows .exe files. I don't recall them asking where I want them installed. I have them for three Canon printers and a scanner. These devices do not have PDF manuals.

Providing PDF manuals (which is what Canon does for so many of their products) allows folks to view that PDF on mobile devices and computers without installation.  Installers for manuals only adds unnecessary complexity.  PDF is also much more compatible than installers when newer OS versions are introduced.   

The OP though will need to provide more details about what it is they are experiencing.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers
Announcements