cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does registering my Canon products help with stolen equipment?

Skyrider08
Apprentice
All my products are registered and looking to see if someone else registers the same # will it get flagged? Thx
3 REPLIES 3

Stephen

Hi Skyrider08!

We're sorry to hear about your equipment. We strongly recommend you first contact your local police and file a report with all of the serial numbers and gear that was stolen, that way they can be on the lookout. After that, give our tech support a call so we can put an alert in our system. If anyone calls (including the police), we will know internally what's going on, and can let them know of the situation.

If you need your serial numbers, our technical support team can help you get them. They're at CONTACT US

We don't have a way (at this time) to flag serial numbers from the website; but we do, on occasion get phone calls from pawn shops, police, and good samaritans who find lost or stolen equipment. We hope your gear can be reunited with its rightful owner soon!

My BRAND NEW camera was stolen; we have registered it with Canon, filed a police report and filed a claim with our insurance carrier.  But, we'd like to know if registering our equipment will prevent anyone else from registering the camera or any of our lenses.  Will Canon allow anyome else to register our products?

Skyrider08
Apprentice
Thx. Actually, the local police didn't seem too hopeful on finding. I don't believe they actually even followed up. That's just a guess though. I'll call support on Monday. Appreciate your help.
Announcements