cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cons and Pros to Registering Cameras and Lenses with Canon?

gonemko
Apprentice

If one does NOT have a care pack and are outside the warranty period, are there any benefits and downsides to registering your cameras and lenses with Canon on their official site? In particular I’m wondering if it could impact the ability to resell the equipment down the line https://100001.onl/  .

2 REPLIES 2

Tronhard
VIP
VIP

I always register my gear, even out of warranty stuff, with Canon, along with the proof of purchase.  This is in case the camera is stolen, or I have to make an insurance claim - the details are right there.  When I have sold camera gear, I simply remove it from the register.  So, no issues.

By the way, if you are looking to the future and selling your gear, I would strongly recommend keeping boxing, packing and accessories intact, along with a copy of your receipt.  They show you look after your gear, make it easier to store and shift and will add to your resale potential and value.

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is not what they hold in their hand, it's what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Great advice Trevor.  I do all of these things.  😉  People like getting the original box and warranty card (even if expired).  It also proves the item is not grey market if this is important to the purchaser.    

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements