cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does canon offer an upgrade from one camera to the next

photomann2300
Apprentice

Does canon offer an upgrade from one camera to the next one what will I upgrade to from my T5i.

I want to trade it in if I do so.

5 REPLIES 5

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Canon does offer something I hear referred to as "Customer Loyalty Program".  Contact Canon Support.

What sort of upgrade do you want, or expect, over your current T5i?  Upgrades from entry level cameras usually means choosing a camera body that is best suited for your style and type of photography. 

For example, an EOS 6D has a full frame sensor and great ISO performance, which makes it ideal of shooting static scenes like landscapes.  Meanwhile, the EOS 7D Mark II has the smaller APS-C image sensor, similar in size to your T5i, but features highly advanced Auto-Focus systems and high continuous shooting frame rates, which make it ideally suited for action photography and shooting moving objects.

Of course, almost any of Canon's DSLR's can shoot nearly any style of photography.  Some models are just better in certain scenarios than other models.

If you are looking for an upgrade in image quality, then your best investment could be buying a better lens, especially if you are currently using the same lens(es) that may have come in a camera kit with your T5i.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"Does canon offer an upgrade from one camera to the next one what will I upgrade to from my T5i."

There is really no upgrade offer from Canon.  Especially not on a fully working functional camera. Doesn't exist. Selling it outright is your best option.

An upgrade, in camera, for you will require you to move out of the Rebel class of camera. This means you need to look at the xxD series or the xD series. And of course, the grand slam best there is, 1 series.

The xxD series is considered 'advanced amateur'.  The xD series is a more pro level with the 5D series a full on pro camera.  The 1 series is a no compromise full pro level camera and it has a full pro price tag.

From a Rebel to a 70D or 80D is a real nice upgrade.  All your current lenses will continue to work, too.  Going to the 6D, or 5D Mk III, Mk IV you lenses may or may not work.  It depends on what lenses you have.

If I were you I would seriously consider the 80D.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@ebiggs1 wrote:

"Does canon offer an upgrade from one camera to the next one what will I upgrade to from my T5i."

There is really no upgrade offer from Canon.  Especially not on a fully working functional camera. Doesn't exist. Selling it outright is your best option. ...

But some of the reputable Canon dealers do have an upgrade option. Or at least the option of selling them your old camera when you buy a new one.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

I believe that most of us keep the old body around as a spare when we upgrade.

Bob, my friend from Boston,

Did I not mention, "Selling it outright is your best option."  To whom is your choice!

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements