cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does CPS Gold require one to be full time?

rs-eos
Elite

I'm exploring options of starting a photography business.  Though this will only be part time.  I'll be retaining my full time position of software engineer for at least the next 12 years.

In looking at requirements of CPS gold, I did see "Offers support for part to full-time imaging professionals." in the "Explore the right membership for you" section of the Main CPS Page.

However, when looking at the CPS Gold Terms and Conditions, it states:

"Be a full-time, self-employed individual, or an employee of a professional imaging business, who has a direct role in the creation of moving or still images for third parties on a professional basis."

Thus, even though I have enough points to qualify for CPS Gold, being part time only seems to disqualify me.

If part time is allowed, it would be great to have the terms and conditions updated.  And, to call out explicity what is allowed by part time.  e.g. a minimum amount of hours per week.  In my case, it could be that my paid projects would be few and far between.  So not sure if part time status would allow for only working say a few weekends each year.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Sent a PM.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

thefrenchguy-20
Contributor

I joined the CPS Gold membership many years ago, I was doing part-time photography work and as far as I know, if you have enough points, you can join. I don't think this has changed. If you are not doing much in terms of photography work, then you probably don't need that because you don't have much wear and tear on your equipment. For me this is very important, I have 5 bodies, 20+lenses and other accessories, the CPS Gold membership is a great value for me. I can switch to cinema if I want but I don't need that level. 

Thanks.  Yea, If it is allowed for part-time status, I'll have to weigh the cost vs benefit.  I would only have a single camera and a few lenses.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Sent a PM.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic
click here to view the gallery