cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Critiques

grams230
Contributor

I am looking for serious critiques of my work.  The people in camera club just say, "Oh, that's a nice picture."  My husband and I have been amateur photographers since our TV broke in 1965.  For most of that time I have been a serious 'snapshooter.'  Now I would like to get serious.  I don't want to start a business or get a name, just take really good photos.  Please go to my album and make helpful comments.  Thank you.

Grams230

13 REPLIES 13

@grams230 wrote:

Sorry Robert.  I'm new to this site.  I thought all you had to do was click on my user name, then click on my pictures.  That's how I found your lovely picture of the candles.  The golden light is perfect to set the mood.  What if you put the candle holder on a mirror?  Hmm; would probably just clutter the shot.  Maybe a couple of crystal wine glasses or a perfect rose.  Or maybe just leave it the way it is.

Grams230

Ah, the candles. Thank you for the kind words. Actually, my wife Martha thanks you; I'm almost certain that picture is hers!

But you're right; I should have clicked on your name. I thought you were referring to pictures on your own Web site or in some other remote location.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

@grams230 wrote:

I am looking for serious critiques of my work.  The people in camera club just say, "Oh, that's a nice picture."  My husband and I have been amateur photographers since our TV broke in 1965.  For most of that time I have been a serious 'snapshooter.'  Now I would like to get serious.  I don't want to start a business or get a name, just take really good photos.  Please go to my album and make helpful comments.  Thank you.

Grams230

Actually, your pictures are remarkably good. I didn't care for the B&W flower; it came off as boring, and I thought the unnatural crop had little redeeming artistic value. But as for the other four, I'd have been pleased to be able to say that I took them myself.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

ScottyP
Authority

The Cambridge in Colour site is good and does offer critiques.  It is a British site so you get to see photos taken by others in europe.

Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

I hope you have thick skin!  You are gonna need it.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements