cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CarePak Question on Eligibility Regarding Insurance Coverage and Business Use

JCin
Contributor

Hello, I own a lot of Canon Camera gear. I recently purchased the RF85 1.2 L USM and was considering purchasing the CarePAK for it. My questions are, if I already have insurance on my cameras and lenses am I still eligible and if I'm using the product for my business, am I still eligible?

To further explain, I shoot professionally and have an LLC in which I have insurance on my BOP (Business Owner Property). I believe it covers scratched lenses but not other accidental damage and I know I would also like to have the maintenance that Canon offers. My question materialized when I read the Terms and Conditions. The second half of the paragraph under the Product Eligibility states "Coverage outlined in this Service Contract only applies to Products not covered under any other insurance warranty, guarantee and/or service contract providing the same benefits as outlined herein. Products must be purchased from a Retailer, and be solely intended for personal use, and not intended for Commercial Use or for resale. Accessories, external peripheral devices and/or add-on options are not covered under this Service Contract."

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JCin
Contributor

To update, received a call back from Canon rep before the end of day. I was told that terminology is in there for larger companies that might rent gear, etc. and you are eligible even if I use for business and have insurance. Somewhere in my account it is noted and I purchased the CarePak for my RF85 1.2 L USM.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Stephen

If I were you, I'd reach out to the CarePAK Plus team. They'll be able to go over everything with you and verify for sure! Their site is https://canon.us/CarePAK, and their number is 1-833-CAREPAK (1-833-227-3725).

Thanks Stephen, I will have to try calling that number. I did try calling a customer service number previously and didn't really get a confirm answer. I figure there have to be professional photographers/videographers who insure their gear and utilize the CarePak as well.

JCin
Contributor

So I got a chance to call that CarePAK number. Asked my questions about the terms and conditions which could seem to say that it will Not apply if you have insurance or shoot professionally. I was on hold so the rep could ask a supervisor and when they got back to me, I still did not get an answer. The representative said they would call me back and that someone else had the same questions too. So hopefully we'll get an answer.

JCin
Contributor

To update, received a call back from Canon rep before the end of day. I was told that terminology is in there for larger companies that might rent gear, etc. and you are eligible even if I use for business and have insurance. Somewhere in my account it is noted and I purchased the CarePak for my RF85 1.2 L USM.

click here to view the gallery
Announcements