cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canoscan 9000f mkII buttons do not work on OSX 10.11, but work fine on OSX 10.10. Tried new drivers.

Clone
Contributor

Our Canoscan 9000f MK II scanner buttons stopped working when we were forced to upgrade one of our iMacs to OSX 10.11 due to other software requirements. Downloaded and installed new drivers and software indicated for OSX 10.11 from Canon Support site. We can drive the scanner from this iMac but the buttons on the scanner do not work at all. Moved the scanner to another iMac that is running OSX 10.10 and the buttons work flawlessly. So it is not the scanner. It would appear to me to be a conflict between the new drivers and OSX 10.11. The temporary move of the scanner is not very convient at all and we need a work around.

I see that others are having problems with this device on El Capitain. Does Canon or anyone know of a work around? Is Canon working on the drivers? Right now I am looking for some other software that might support it. Thanks for any help.

4 REPLIES 4

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

See Note 2 under Caution

http://support-sg.canon-asia.com/contents/SG/EN/0100471102.html

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Hi John,

Thank you for pointing out the bit of bad news related in Caution 2. Does this mean that Canon does not ever intend to support the buttons on the 9000f MkII for OSX 10.11 or is that just not supported yet?

I hope they are not abandoning another Canon product for OSX. If so that is two times for me and if that is the case I won't ever buy another Canon product. I can't keep replacing products just because of them taking the easy way out. I guess I need to try and talk with Canon Customer Support.

Thanks again for pointing out the news.

Clone

Apple rewrote the USB process in El Capitan and it has affected many items. 

Google "el capitan usb problem"

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks John,

I searched on the El Capitain USB problem and found many. I do wish Apple had a little more concern for the impact its broad sweeping actions have on their users. I also tried to find out from Canon Support what the status was of any fix from them. Nothing. So I have added an Epson XP830 "small in one" to fill in for the wounded Canon. Really nice color printer by the way.

Regards,

Clone

Announcements