cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CanonUSA Twitter/X compromised?

JermaineSmit
Apprentice

Hi everyone! A bit of an odd one for someone who didn't know that a Canon community page exsisted on their page and being a first time chatter here!
But I have a question, I am a content creator with mobile photography and Canon (I have the R8)

So today to my surprise CanonUSA the official twitter reached out to me about a potentiol collaberation, 
nothing very weird, but I have seen this Reddit post, and it's basically the same for me. 
https://www.reddit.com/r/Scams/comments/1gbgsox/warning_twitter_canon_scam_and_docusign_scam/

Do any of you have any clue about how legit this is? Or a way to find out if Canon US is hacked on twitter?

Sorry for this random message, but in this case I rather be safe then sorry. 

11 REPLIES 11

Danny

Thanks for joining the conversation, JermaineSmit!  Please let us know the specific X (Twitter) handle that contacted you and we'll be glad to look into the matter.

We look forward to your reply!

Greetings, This is the twitter page: https://x.com/CanonUSA

if you need any screenshots or more information let me know, because while I would love to work with Canon on a video, I am very carefull, but it's the official canonUS page, so makes it hard to know if it is legitimate or not.

Thanks!  While we investigate, please make sure not to click on any links provided within that DM.

I shall not. Thank you! They want a call tomorrow basically and for that I have to sign an NDA, so I just want to be safe. 

Yeah, that doesn't sound like our usual MO.  We're working on it!

Thank you! Appriciate it!

Hi, just checking in if you found out something about it at the moment? 

greetings. 

Ok I am not alone, and it seems like it really is and some people have fallen for this... Canon you need to be on top of this because this is a scam! And a REAL problem that they are doing it via your official twitter!

Announcements