cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon toner warranty policy

mikecintel
Contributor

Hello Everyone,

I just join the Canon Forum.  I am calling Canon customer servie but I am always on hold.  There is no answering the phones. I was waiting for 3 hours and one picks up the phone.  Is there a number where I can call directly and speak to a live human.  Anyway since no picking up the phones I register for the Canon Forum and ask here.

I want to know what is Canon Toner Policy where for example in 2017 I bought a Canon Cartridge and it was working and now 2020 the cartrigde start fading when i print.  I troubleshoot myself and I put in the near empty toner and when I print there is no fading.  When I put back in the faulty toner I get fading so I know the cartridge is defective.  I want to know in the future if I do purchase a Canon machine what Canon policy for there toners?  How long there warranty on their toners?  Will Canon ship me a replacement cartridge or not?

Thanks,

Mike

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

If something happens to your toner cartridge beyond the warranty period, a replacement toner cartridge would need to be purchased.  If you have any further questions, our support line will be your best resource.  That number again is 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666).

Have a great day!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Danny

Hi, Mike!

Genuine Canon toner cartridges come with a 30-day warranty effective from the date of purchase.  You can check warranty's the full terms and conditions HERE.  If you need help with your Canon imageCLASS printer, you can reach our US-based support squad weekdays at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) or you can find additional support options HERE.

Hope this helps!

Thank you so much for the reply. When I called the customer service they said Canon toners are 90 days warranty not 30 also.  Also what happens if it passes the 30 day warranty and there is a defective in the toner then?  If I called Canon will they replace my toner?

If something happens to your toner cartridge beyond the warranty period, a replacement toner cartridge would need to be purchased.  If you have any further questions, our support line will be your best resource.  That number again is 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666).

Have a great day!

Ok thank you so much for your assistant.

Mike

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Mike,

Certainly you can't expect unlimited shelf life for a product that has been opened and exposed to external environmental conditions beyond Canon's control.  Canon warrants their toners as you have discovered for 90 days, meaning if you use it and something is defective in the first 90 days of use, it will be evaluated for replacement.  

It is not reasonable or fair to expect a company to warrant a consumable item for the life of the product where they have no control of environment or frequency of use.  Its not Canon's responsibility to wait for you to use your printer.

Tires are another perfect example.  You can put new tires on your car and never drive on them.  The tread will remain new, but they may not be safe or perform as intended if you let them sit for years unused.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hi Shadow Sport,

Thank you so much for replying to me.  Well yes of course I can't expect unilmited shelf like for a prodcut that everyone knows.  I see yes so I can call Canon within 90 days and request replacement and they will evaluate the defective cartridge.  No I am just saying from I have another printer not from Canon and it is a famous brand name and while I was using it and it is defective and I called the copany I bought that toner in 2017 and now in 2020 it is defective (Every day I am using that toner) and now it is fading and that I chatted with the company and they said send samples of defective and I did over email and now they will send me another toner.  So that is why I wanted to know what Canon toner poilicy is.

Thanks,

Mike

Announcements