cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon my image garden insufficient memory

Kfitz
Contributor

Message states " the process cannot be continued because of insufficient memory" I deleted several images. Still won't work. Trident direct print via cord. Won't work

11 REPLIES 11

TGWH
Contributor
Have had the same problem off and on. Lately it seems permanent. I cannot print from My Image Garden. I have a Pro100 and a MX922. Both give excellent prints with no hassle using other print programs.
I emailed Canon about the MIG problem. Their response was "Online support for Canon printers is available via the knowledge base (FAQs tab) and the Canon Community Forum. Instructions to reach these tools are provided below. For some models, chat representatives are also available during the same business hours as phone technical support. If available, chat agents can be contacted via the "Have a Question" box on the product's Canon U.S.A. support page."
I don't think problem is the printers, it is the MIG program.
I have an old Dell 545 with Windows 10, with 8GB ram and 1.5tb memory. Win 10 tells me I have 65% ram and 75% shortage available.
None of the suggested solutions I have seen apply because I have plenty of memory. And if it IS a printer problem, both printers??, while they both work fine with Gimp, Paint, and every other other program I use.
As far as I am concerned, here Canon has dropped the ball.
My experience with phone consults has been negative. After time consuming question and answers, no solution is reached.
If anyone has the solution, please post.

TGWH
Contributor
I have not found a fix for this problem and there appears to be none acceptable to me.
Canon directs me to have a phone chat about my MX922 printer. The printer(s) is not the problem. My Image Garden not being upgraded for compatibility with Win 10 upgrades is the problem.
In a Microsoft forum entry, Microsoft responds:
“ Jane Lla, Moderator, Microsoft Agent, Replied on June 16, 2018
Hello Phil,
Noting that you are running the Insider Program, please note that as future Windows 10 feature updates are released it will introduce incompatibility with older devices and PC's. Certain components will not support these changes. Recommendations include, rollback, block the upgrade or consider upgrading components in your system and the like.
I would suggest to uninstall, then reinstall the program and see if that would make any difference. A simple method yet that might do the trick.
Regards.

I interpret this as we may make your equipment obsolete. Solution: Buy newer compatible devices, PC’s or software.
My car is 20 years old, and my house is almost 60. Both work fine, still doing exactly what I bought them for. I expect the same from all non consumables I buy and expect to replace them when they break, not because someone tells me to.
I expressed my fears to Microsoft when Win 10 first became available and Microsoft said their VX 3000 webcam was not compatible with Win 10. I feared that this was the start of a progressive policy of incompatibility, forcing equipment replacement.
I fully understand obsolescence but do not understand making it useless. Note:These do not work properly when run in previous Windows compatibility mode. I have found the compatibility mode program useless.
I now use costly devices and software that Microsoft has rendered nonfunctional.with 3rd party applications.
Thank you MIcrosoft.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements