cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Support question

justadude
Rising Star
Rising Star

I can't seem to find an answer for this under My Account on Canon's website where I have all of my products registered.  I was looking for phone support on any R6 Mk ll which I bought new in December from a Canon authorized dealer - and registered with Canon on the same day.  However when I click on the link, it says "This product is no longer supported".  

Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought camera gear was supported for the same period of time as the 1 year warranty.   Maybe not?

Gary

Digital: Canon: R6 Mk ll, R8, RP, 60D, various lenses
Film: (still using) Pentax: Spotmatic, K1000, K2000, Miranda: DR, Zenit: 12XP, Kodak: Retina Automatic II, Duaflex III
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Hi Gary,

All Canon products new or refurbished come with at least a 1-year warranty.  Some even longer.  Certain office printers are an example.  

Give Canon a call. They'll be happy to help you.  A representative will easily be able to confirm your registered product.  The voice recognition system can be a little challenging 😂

1-800-652-2666

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Hi Gary,

All Canon products new or refurbished come with at least a 1-year warranty.  Some even longer.  Certain office printers are an example.  

Give Canon a call. They'll be happy to help you.  A representative will easily be able to confirm your registered product.  The voice recognition system can be a little challenging 😂

1-800-652-2666

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

justadude
Rising Star
Rising Star

Thank you, Rick!  I'm not sure if it was the Canon website, or my browser (Safari) but searching for the support telephone number kept circling me back through pages acknowledging all of my purchased products under My Account, then this specific one (saying it was still under warranty), then when I would click for "Support" I would get the "This product is no longer supported" message... which would then automatically switch over to page 1 of My Account again.  Endless loop after three tries.  Talk about challenging!  LOL

I'll give them a call on Monday.  Enjoy your weekend!

Gary

Film: (still using) Pentax: Spotmatic, K1000, K2000, Miranda: DR, Zenit: 12XP, Kodak: Retina Automatic II, Duaflex III

That is really weird. You will find contact information at https://canon.us/contact 

Once you're there, scroll down, and about 3/4 toward the bottom, you'll see this button: 

Stephen_0-1720965000833.png

tap that, and a window will pop up with all of the numbers and times. 😊

I've seen that before, but for the past two days I'd get redirected before getting to that point.  I was able to follow your link just now, and thought "Ok, that's very weird".  So I went back into My Account, tried to look at my registered products... but I was re-directed to this just now... which I think explains my problems over the last few days.  

Screenshot 2024-07-14 at 10.05.18 AM.png

Gary

Yep. I just got the same thing. They didn't tell me they were doing maintenance today. 🤦🏻‍

click here to view the gallery
Announcements