cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon IJ Printer Utility - Disable Auto Power Off

Hal2k
Contributor

The manual on my new MG2420 printer says I can "Disable Auto Power Off" from power settings in the "IJ Printer Utility".  However, I do not have an IJ Printer Utility in my Canon Utilities downloaded via a Mac driver.  Where is it, or how else can I disable the Auto Power Off?  I want it on all the time.  Otherwise the printer works flawlessly. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hal2k
Contributor

OK, no answers so I will answer it myself since I finally figured it out.  On a Mac, go to "System Preferences" and click on "Printers & Scanners".  Then Click "Options and Supplies".  Then click "Utility".  Then change "Cleaning" to "Power Settings".

Then click "Auto Power".  Then click "Auto Power On" and "Disable".  Finally click "Done".  

Of course, the Canon on-line manual is silent about all this.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hal2k
Contributor

OK, no answers so I will answer it myself since I finally figured it out.  On a Mac, go to "System Preferences" and click on "Printers & Scanners".  Then Click "Options and Supplies".  Then click "Utility".  Then change "Cleaning" to "Power Settings".

Then click "Auto Power".  Then click "Auto Power On" and "Disable".  Finally click "Done".  

Of course, the Canon on-line manual is silent about all this.

Announcements