cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon CARE PAK frustration - No activation key email sent

JerryJaz
Apprentice

I bought two RF lenses: 70-200 and the 15-35, both 2.8. Purchased CARE PAK for both, direct from Canon in August of 2020. The lenses are registered on my Canon equipment page and I have the email/receipt for the purchase from Canon. I have not received the activation key email. 

I phoned twice over the past several months to get the key and while the people I speak with are very nice and understanding, they are just gathering info, not acting on it . They say it will be passed to the folks that will fix it. I have not received any email notifications after my two 45 minute long talks with the service people. The second service rep I spoke with said they may just "show up" as activated on my gear registration page. That was over a month ago.

I received one email during all this that changed the end date on my R5 CARE PAK coverage by a few days. Odd.

The service reps say they can see my purchases after I give them the invoice numbers. But nothing.

I have dealt with big and small warranty issues with many companies from Tesla to Apple. Have never been left in the void like this.

Anyone else been left in limbo? Why spend $400+ on unusable service plans?

0 REPLIES 0
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements