This eventually happens to all rubber/plasticized devices after years of handling.
The only way to fix is to have them recoated or dipped.... which is obviously not practical.
Those must be old or were not stored properly. This is what they look like when new.
Bay Area - CA
~R5C (220.127.116.11) ~Many Lenses ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~Windows10 Pro ~EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra
~ImageClass MF644Cdw ~Pixel6 ~6D2 (v1.1.1) retiring
Bad as these look, this is not a hopeless case.
I had the same problem and fixed them quickly and with very little expense and effort. You can see the details in another post I wrote. The fix is to spray-coat them with several coats of lacquer (from a can - Rustoleum for example). Place them on a board - objective lenses down to protect them - and protect the eyepiece lenses with bottle-caps. Don’t worry. The spray lacquer won’t harm anything else.
Give the binoculars about 4 coats of lacquer (do it outside!) about 30 minutes apart. A final coat or two after about a week is a good idea.
I did mine about a year ago and they are still fixed. I think they look kind of cool too, but maybe that’s just me.