cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannon camera photo card are overwritten

Ea6ter465
Apprentice

I have restored all my camera photos on the inner Micro SD card. But, last work day, without time for backing up, this card was formatted by one of my colleagues and all photos were lost. Moreover, without knowing that, I had taken several new photos with this camera. I know this card must be overwritten. But, is it still possible for me to get back my previous card photos? Thank you very much for any suggestion!

6 REPLIES 6

Andrea549
Apprentice

How many new photos have you written on this formatted Micro SD card?

I hope you’ve not written more new data on this card. The new data could replace your original photos and make them gone forever. Therefore, follow the below steps to rescue all possible photos back:

Step1. Stop writing new on this card.

Step2. Plunge this canon camera to your computer and take ways to restore your Micro SD card photos back. You can easily get many similar formatted card recovery tools over the internet, like PhotoRec, Recuva, 4Card Recovery and iCare Data Recovery Free, etc.

Step3. Save restored photos on computer drive or partition.

Note: Never format this card without data backups again.

@Andrea549 wrote:

How many new photos have you written on this formatted Micro SD card?

I hope you’ve not written more new data on this card. The new data could replace your original photos and make them gone forever. Therefore, follow the below steps to rescue all possible photos back:

Step1. Stop writing new on this card.

Step2. Plunge this canon camera to your computer and take ways to restore your Micro SD card photos back. You can easily get many similar formatted card recovery tools over the internet, like PhotoRec, Recuva, 4Card Recovery and iCare Data Recovery Free, etc.

Step3. Save restored photos on computer drive or partition.

Note: Never format this card without data backups again.

Step4: Buy enough cards that you never again have to lend the camera to a colleague with one of your active cards in it.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Jacob78
Apprentice

It is not so easy to get back the overwritten camera card photos. Therefore, I hope your original photos are not all overwritten by your new photos. Next time, remember not to let others use your card with precious information or at least learn to make data backups in advance.

But, right now, as to your card original card photos, as others mention above, you can take chances with some camera card data recovery software. There are always many reliable ones over the internet.

My friend has ever has a successful data recovery with iCare Data Recovery Free.

You’d better select a proper one after doing much reaching.

Aviva6563
Apprentice

Yes, as you’ve mentioned, your card photos are overwritten by your newly taken ones. But, I hope you’ve not overwritten all your photos completely.

Insert this camera card to computer and check whether all your original photos are overwritten and irrecoverable with 4Card Recovery.

I hope this tool can take your photos back as many as possible.

Note: No matter what has happened to your camera card, never overwrite it without data backups again in the future.

I hope you can inform us your result timely.

Hylda7873
Apprentice

My friend said you can use some camera memory card data recovery software to rescue everything back, as long as these original files are not overwritten by new files.

Therefore, why not to have a try?

Here is a related card recovery article that can give you some clues:

blog4mark.blogspot.com/2013/01/memory-card-recovery.html

PS: Back up everything important on different drives or locations in the future.

JasonLion0
Apprentice

As I know, it is often difficult to restore data that has been overwritten. But, that doesn’t mean you do have no chances take your desired canon camera memory card photos back.

Honestly, in your case, as long as your original photos are not completely corrupted by overwritten stuffs, the rest photos and other stuffs often could be recovered back at the aid of camera memory card data recovery software.

So, do not give easily. Just select a proper recovery tool and check how many of your images are still recoverable.

Hope these words could help you out.

Read more data recovery information here:

http://www.icare-recovery.com/howto/memory-card-format-recovery.html

Announcements