cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera repair returned to the wrong address

kimberlyk
Apprentice

I sent my camera (r5) and lens (28-70) in for repair a few weeks ago. The camera was covered under CarePAK but the lens wasn't. Last week, they finished the repair and sent them both back. They sent the lens back to the correct address, but they sent the camera to the wrong one. It was to an old address, and it was their mistake. I contacted them on Wednesday, and they said they would contact FedEx. I called back the next day, and they confirmed they would re-route it. However, it's still sitting at Fedex in Alaska (I'm in Hawaii), and I have no idea when I'll get my camera! Has anyone else had this happen, or does anyone else know anything I can do? Thanks so much. 

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Check your address book when you log in to MyCanon.  Keeping this up to date should keep something like this from happening.     

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

kimberlyk
Apprentice

I did; it's the correct address. I triple-checked because I made the mistake of sending an Amazon package to the wrong address, and I didn't want to mess with that mistake again! The old address was even deleted from my account. I'm not sure what happened. 

click here to view the gallery
Announcements