cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

9000f Mark II error: Scanning cannot be performed unless the crop size...

eappell
Apprentice

I have a new Canon 9000f Mark II that I'm trying to use to scan in 35mm negatives.  I need to scan them in at the max resolution, 9600 dpi.  I'm using the latest version of ScanGear that I could download from the website. Every time I try to scan I get this error:

Scanning cannot be performed unless the crop size, output size or output resolution is reduced to 10208 x 14032 or less.

I've changed all of the settings for resolution to well below this number, but it just keeps giving me that error.  What's the deal? 

I'm using this on a MacBook Pro, High Sierra version 10.13.5.  Can you please tell me what I need to do to get this thing to scan?  Here are my settings:

Screen Shot 2018-06-28 at 9.48.04 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-06-28 at 10.08.15 AM.png

Thanks!

Eddie

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi eappell,

Please try these steps:

1.  From the Go menu of Finder, please open the Applications folder.

2.  Open the Canon Utilities folder.

3.  Open the IJ Scan Utility folder and click on the IJ Scan Utility to open that program.

4.  Click on the Settings button in the lower right hand corner.

5.  In the list on the left, click on ScanGear at the bottom.

6.  On the right, place a check mark next to "Enable large image scans".

7.  Click OK.

Back on the main page of the IJ Scan Utility, please click the ScanGear button and attempt to scan your 35mm negatives.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi eappell,

Please try these steps:

1.  From the Go menu of Finder, please open the Applications folder.

2.  Open the Canon Utilities folder.

3.  Open the IJ Scan Utility folder and click on the IJ Scan Utility to open that program.

4.  Click on the Settings button in the lower right hand corner.

5.  In the list on the left, click on ScanGear at the bottom.

6.  On the right, place a check mark next to "Enable large image scans".

7.  Click OK.

Back on the main page of the IJ Scan Utility, please click the ScanGear button and attempt to scan your 35mm negatives.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Yes, that fixed the issue. Thank you!
Announcements