cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with a camcorder

SPassler
Apprentice

Hello all I pretty much know nothing about camcorders so im reaching out to you pros! We have a meeting that will be taking place next week and they asked me to find a camera that will record our presentation in our conference room along with picking up everyones questions/presenters answers around our conference table. I was thinking a camcorder on a mini tri-pod would do the trick but have no clue where to even start looking. Id say it would need to be HD, and have good video quality and zoom since id say the middle of our conference table is about 15-20 feet away from the projector screen. Id also want it to have a good microphone though so it can capture all questions in the meeting.

Any information you can provide/recommend would be great! Thanks all.

1 REPLY 1

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi SPassler,

With regard to simple coverage of meetings, our camcorders will do what you need.  I'd take a look at the VIXIA HF R42.

This camcorder records in Full High Definition for very clear imaging.  It can also record in MP4, which allows you to send videos out, right after downloading, without the need for processing.

Finally, it's Wi-Fi enabled.  This allows you to quickly download movies from the camcorder for immediate editing and distribution.

Just a side note:  A small tripod is a great idea.  When using a tripod, please turn the image stabilizer off.  The motion of the image stabilizer, really handy when holding the camcorder in your hand, can actually cause the camcorder to begin moving.

You may see the VIXIA HF R42 and other Canon camcorders by clicking here.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements