cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

issue with AEB (Auto Exposure Bracketing) on EOS M6 Mark 2

Jdooremo
Apprentice

I have been using a Canon M5 for quite some time now. This camera is set up in such a way that in Manual Mode with AEB I take 3 photos (-,0,+) with 1 press on the shutter. The M5 is set to
- One shot
- Single shooting
Recently I also own the M6 Mark 2
I have set all the settings of the M5 for the M6 as well. Although the menu layout of settings differs and you have to go back and forward.
Anyway, with the M6 I am unable to take 3 photos AEB (-,0,+) with 1 press on the shutter. I must press the shutter 3 times.
As mentioned, I have checked all settings and read the manual. I cannot find why with the M6 it is not possible to take 3 photos with 1 press on the shutter.
I am probably overlooking something. But what?
Who can help me? Highly appreciated. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

@Jdooremo wrote:

I have been using a Canon M5 for quite some time now. This camera is set up in such a way that in Manual Mode with AEB I take 3 photos (-,0,+) with 1 press on the shutter. The M5 is set to
- One shot
- Single shooting
I have set all the settings of the M5 for the M6 as well. Although the menu layout of settings differs and you have to go back and forward.
Anyway, with the M6 I am unable to take 3 photos AEB (-,0,+) with 1 press on the shutter. I must press the shutter 3 times.
As mentioned, I have checked all settings and read the manual. I cannot find why with the M6 it is not possible to take 3 photos with 1 press on the shutter.

You need to set the drive mode to other than single shot.

Screenshot 2021-06-15 111838.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Try using the 2 second Shutter Delay Timer.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thank you for your reply.

I am not sure where to find the second Shutter Delay Timer.

I found in the Menu the setting Interval Timer. But that is not going to work for me. Lowest speed is 1 second. And, after you switch off the settings is switched off. This setting is also more of use when using a tripod.

I use the M5 handheld with 3 shots by pressing shutter once. It is fast and works great for architecture. No movement.

Just can't see from comparing the menu settings of the two cameras what I miss. 

Or, maybe the M6 Mark 2 does not support that anymore?

Just did some experiments with the interval timer (to set a shutter delay)

I guess " use a 1-second shutter delay" means I can't do it handhold like with the M5. I just tried the solution. There is then a small movement difference between the 3 photos. I don't know if this can be restored in LR with Merge HDR. I have yet to try that. But it's a shame it doesn't work like the M5. For me a reason not to get rid of the M5.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

@Jdooremo wrote:

- One shot
- Single shooting

You need to set the drive mode to other than single shot.

Screenshot 2021-06-15 111838.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thank you John.

That works.

Really odd that I get the same result on M5 but with settings One shot and Single shooting. I have read some explanation someone gave : "taking multiple photos with a single press of the shutter button on the M5 is a holdover from it using Canon Powershot software and not the software from Digital EOS, like you find in the M6 Mark II."

I do not know if this is the reason. 

From a user-friendliness point of view, I personally prefer the M5 solution. Also because I only have to set AEB and don't have to adjust any other settings. By the way, certain Menu settings are no longer available when you set high speed shooting.

Announcements