cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What fixes are included in 1.1.6 firmware update for EOS 6D?

SGFFX
Enthusiast
I just installed the firmware update 1.1.6 for my EOS 6D. The installation from the SD card went without a problem. The Details table for this update lists fixes to only three obscure problems. When Canon updates this firmware is it really only updating the problems listed or are there other code updates not listed? I once was a software engineer and we classified problems as A, B, and C. Where A were operating problems, B meant did not meet spec, and C was nice to have. I am curious about Canon's maintenance approach. Do the 3 problems list fall into operational or spec issues and other fixes were not done. Or are other improvements being made? Steve
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Mykolas
Authority

Hi SGFFX!

Thanks for posting.

The listed changes are the only changes that were made.  I am not sure if any changes being considered are categorized in any particular way, just that once a change is made and an update is released, what is listed there on our website when you download the update is exactly what was changed.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Mykolas
Authority

Hi SGFFX!

Thanks for posting.

The listed changes are the only changes that were made.  I am not sure if any changes being considered are categorized in any particular way, just that once a change is made and an update is released, what is listed there on our website when you download the update is exactly what was changed.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements