cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selecting Sequential Photos to download to computer from eos utility

judranieri
Apprentice

I have a canon 70d. At times I accumulate hudreds of photos in the camera. Right now, I have to select each photo with a click. this is a pain when you have 300 photos. In windows, typically you can 1- select the first item. 2 hold shift key down and select another item arther down the list and you select ALL items from the first to the last. Is something like this doable in the EOS utility? I use 2 computers one runs windows 10 the other is on windows XP.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

THe ctrl-click/shift click thing is a windows standard, so I am sure EOS utility will have the same feature.

View solution in original post

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

If your are using the EOS Utility, then you should not have to select individual photos.  The EOS utility defaults to selecting all "new" photos, which are files that have not yet been downloaded using the EOS Utility.

Even when you use the EOS Utility to select individual photos, you can select multiple photos with a few clicks.  Typical Windows shortcuts are always enabled, such as Shift=Click.  Use the link posted above to download the manual.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

I don't think the 70D has the ability to select individual photos.  Not sure because I don't have a 70D.  However, several software programs do.  Lightroom for instance.  Even the provided EOS Utility has this feature.

The big question is, why do you keep so many photos on the camera?  That is a very bad idea.  It is just a matter of time before you will be saddened becuase you lost all or some of your work.  Get in to the habit of switching SD cards often and don't allow som many to build up at a time.  Several smaller SD cards are way better than one big one.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Thank you for taking the time to reply. Your point regarding not keeping so many photos in the camera is well taken. My question concerns selecting photos using the EOS download utility. Selecting them one at a time is straight forward  just ctrl/click - no  problem. It is selecting a range of them that is my problem. For example say you wanted to download all the images between number 1000 and 200. Selecting them one at a time requires 101 clicks. Windows allows you to use shift/ctrl to select arange. It seems that this doesn't work in the EOS utility. Does anyone have any documentation for the EOS utility?

The manual is here <-- click!

EB

I am much more familiar with Lightroom than any of the supplied for free Canon software.  It is a simple task in LR.  Remember Canon is a camera maker, not a software creator.  Their software sometimes leaves a lot to be desired.  But than again it is free!

EB

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

THe ctrl-click/shift click thing is a windows standard, so I am sure EOS utility will have the same feature.

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

If your are using the EOS Utility, then you should not have to select individual photos.  The EOS utility defaults to selecting all "new" photos, which are files that have not yet been downloaded using the EOS Utility.

Even when you use the EOS Utility to select individual photos, you can select multiple photos with a few clicks.  Typical Windows shortcuts are always enabled, such as Shift=Click.  Use the link posted above to download the manual.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thank you for the reply. I webr back into EOS and have verified your answer, What a tremendousn help. 

Regards

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements