cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M100 - Macro mode

mangurian
Enthusiast

What does it do that just shooting auto or manual doesn't do ?

6 REPLIES 6

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Not much, I believe it just tries to get a small aperture for a large depth of field.

You can try shooting with and without it and check the EXIF data.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

In macro mode they move or insert lens elements that reduce the minimum focusing distance of the lens. The resultant arrangement will cause a loss of focusing to infinity.  This lens arrangement can make results less than acceptable distortion wise in certain exposure ranges.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

How do they do that on an M100 that uses an EF-M lens?

Most cameras have a "Close-up mode" that does not change the lens at all - for example, my T6S.

"How do they do that on an M100 that uses an EF-M lens?"

It don't.  I see, i was unclear with my reply. The reference was to P&S cameras. I was not aware the M100 had a macro mode.

Not enough coffee ....yet.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Jillian128
Apprentice

Its all about aperture where u have greater depth of field...I dont think auto or manual has much to do with it..However,in present time most of the camera have close-up mode which is an great feature to enhance clearity.I hope this feedback helps.Cheers..Have a good shooting day...

[link removed per forum guidelines]

Peterson4
Apprentice

The more attractive your shots, the more attention they will get on social media tell subway. Canon’s EOS M mirrorless cameras are not only capable of amazing shots, but also make it crazily convenient to upload images to social media.

Announcements