Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor
Accepted Solution

How to fix moire problem

[ Edited ]

Moire occurs when I bring the camera close to the screen. How can I solve this problem with canon m100?

Reputable Contributor

Re: How to fix moire problem

There's nothing you can do if you're using a camera/camcorder to record content from a display (iPad, computer display, TV, etc.)

You should instead do a direct screen recording on the device itself.  If you have a Mac, you can also connect your iPad to the Mac, launch QuickTime Player, and choose New Movie Recording.  You can select the input source by clicking on the little downwards pointing "<" to the right of the record button.  Devices connected to your Mac will show up there.

--
Ricky

EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L, 600EX-RT (x6), ST-E3-RT
EOS C70, RF 24-70 f/2.8L IS
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

If I buy a better lens or camera, will the moire continue to appear when I bring the camera closer to the screen?

VIP

Yes. It is an interaction between two devices that have pixel rows. 

Similar to the effect when photographing shingle roofs or men's suits with pattern fabric. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, MX472, LR Classic
Esteemed Contributor

Actually a *worse* - lower resolution - camera would be better.

New Contributor

I got rid of the moire issue by adjusting the distance and focus point between the camera and the screen. Problem solved