Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

EOS R5 Problem downloading video.

I recorded a short video on my R5.  I'm able to play it on my camera but when I connect the camera to my desktop, the video show 0 bytes in the folder.  I'm unable to download it to my desktop.  Suggestions?

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: EOS R5 Problem downloading video.

How are you downloading it to the desktop?

What OS?

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

The desktop is running Windows 10.  I'm connecting with the Canon supplied USB cable straight from the camera to the desktop.  I'll try a different computer, and maybe try I'll Canon Connect to see if I get different results.  I've download a few videos before, perhaps this is a fluke.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Do you have a card reader available?

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

I don't have a card reader for CFepress...yet.  I'm confident I'll be getting one in the very near future.  ;-) 

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

As a follow up to this thread:  I downloaded and installed Canon's OS Utility 3.13.10 for Windows.  After doing so, I was able to open that application and download the video file to my computer.  

Highlighted
New Contributor

Thank you so much for this. I just shot video of a wedding ceremon, and the speeches, and my videos showed up as 0 bytes as well. I was prepping to tell the bride and groom no bueno on the video. Downloaded the app, and presto, i have video!!!! Guess i will be investing in a card readersooner than expected.