cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1DX Mark II Shutter Issue?

fharris1977
Apprentice

I was wondering if one of the many experts could help me. I have started shooting my 1DX in burst mode as of late and I noticed depending on if I use the viewfinder vs the display screen the speed is decreased in how many shots can be taken. Also I noticed that when my lens when on AF regardless if  the camera is viewfinder or lcd the speed of the shots are not concistant..as if the autofocus is messing up on the camera or lens? I am not sure if there is an issue with the lense or something wrong with the camera itself.

If I remove the lense of the camera body it will rapid fire without issue only when I mount the Canon 70/200 III on it does it seem to have the issue. I do not remember this being a issue in the past. Current the body has I believe 33000 reveals on it.

Any advice would be great. I have already reset the camera to default setting to see if it was something I have done. The camera seems to be having issues when the lense is set in AF as if the motor or the lense itself is having issue.

I thank you for all the help!

11 REPLIES 11

wq9nsc
Authority
Authority

First set your lens to manual focus and take a burst to see if there is any slowdown. 

If that is normal, try the camera on a tripod and put it in one shot AF mode with AF enabled on the lens and try a burst after a half button push to lock focus.  The 1DX series have increasingly versatile Servo AF modes as you progress through the series and if you accidentally customized the servo personality it can provide some interesting results with any movement of the subject or camera.

Also make sure you haven't accidentally turned on flicker protection (designed to avoid exposure and color shift when shooting under high intensity discharge lamps which flicker at the line frequency).  Flicker reduction is pretty smart and shouldn't accidentally take control unless under lights that do flicker but it is possible that your scene lighting is fooling it.  I shoot a lot of sports under lights and I leave flicker reduction turned off on all my camera bodies, I find it more of a hindrance than a benefit but I always shoot in RAW so on the rare occasion where a needed image does have a color shift or exposure shift it is generally easy to correct in post.

Rodger

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video

Does the 1DX MkII use different means of focusing between using the viewfinder and the LCD screen?

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements