cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do I download the "EOS Utility" for EOS R10?

dgladden
Contributor

I just bought the EOS R10 and it wants me to install "EOS Utility" but I cannot find it anywhere.  So far all I can find is "EOS Webcam Utility Pro" and that wants me to pay for a subscription.

Is there no way to use this camera without paying a subscription???  Do I need to return it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dgladden
Contributor

I finally found it.  It was buried on the second page of the download section.  I had to tap “load more” to find it.
You would think they would keep a core software package that they recommend using at the top of the software list and marked as “Recommend”.  The camera nags for me in install this and then canon hides it.  Not cool.  

With all the fuss I’m having with this camera I’m on the verge of returning it.  **bleep** near impossible to find the software and then the software itself doesn’t even work. (Another post)

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

All downloads are here:

Canon Support for EOS R10 | Canon U.S.A., Inc.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Is the “EOS webcam utility pro” the correct download? Or is there one called exactly “EOS Utility”?

They are two different apps. Webcam is to use your camera as a, well webcam, and Utility is to get the images from the camera, do remote shooting and do some other utility like stuff like setting copyright notices.

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

What do you want it for? It is not needed to get images off the camera.

Why does it exist and why does the camera manual and instructions tell me to install and setup?

Is canon telling me to do something harmful?

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

No, they just want to give you the complete Canon experience, and have it available in case you need it. Also, if you keep your cameras for a long time, a version that works with your camera might not be available next decade.

dgladden
Contributor

I finally found it.  It was buried on the second page of the download section.  I had to tap “load more” to find it.
You would think they would keep a core software package that they recommend using at the top of the software list and marked as “Recommend”.  The camera nags for me in install this and then canon hides it.  Not cool.  

With all the fuss I’m having with this camera I’m on the verge of returning it.  **bleep** near impossible to find the software and then the software itself doesn’t even work. (Another post)

Announcements