cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Webcam Utility Pro stuttering/freezing after upgrading to 2.2.22

jcricket73
Apprentice

I've got the Webcam Utility Pro (paid subscription) and a Canon EOS Rebel T7. It's been working flawlessly for more than a couple of years, but the upgrade to 2.2.22 has introduced periodic freezes where my image will freeze (audio still works) and then un-freeze a few seconds later. It certainly makes for awkward zoom meetings.

I'm on a Mac, Sonoma 14.5. 

Is there a link to downgrade to the last good version? Or any other tips? I know this camera is older, but like I said, it's been flawless for me for years prior to this upgrade. 

3 REPLIES 3

davidsolomon
Apprentice

Same. Last version worked fine. Now I'm freezing up for 10-15 sec on every call or livestream. HELP!!! Mac Monterey/SL1

John_Q
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello jcricket73,

There is no link to install earlier versions of the EOS Webcam Utility software unfortunately.  When using EOS Webcam Utility Pro 2.2.22 software with video conferencing or streaming applications, we cannot guarantee that it will be compatible with the software applications you are using. If you experience any issues, we suggest using a web-based client version of the service or trying a different video conferencing or streaming application. You may want to check the firmware version on the camera and make sure that it is up to date. You want this updated to achieve optimal performance. You can download the firmware HERE if applicable.

jcricket73
Apprentice

Thank you for replying, but this is not a great response.It's not freezing in the third party software, I can see it freezing inside the EOS WebCam Utility - so it's not the 3rd party software.  You have a bug in this new version and it needs to be investigated and fixed.

This was working fine, the only thing that changed in my system is your software, now my video image freezes up for a few seconds (just the video). It happens regardless of which video conference software is used (zoom, teams, webex, etc). And regardless of whether it's in a native app or the web-based version of the software. The video (image) freezes, while audio continues, and a few seconds later is back to normal. 

Sometimes it'll be every few minutes between freezes, sometimes it'll be longer than that. The freezes never last more than a few seconds, or 10 at most.

click here to view the gallery
Announcements