cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the R100 compatible with EOS Webcam Utility Pro

bhauser
Contributor

When I purchased this, I was told that I could use it as a webcam.  Now it doesn't seem to show up as a source in the webcam utility.  I just get the splash screen.  the webcam utility can connect to it over WiFi, but it does not show up as a source.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Anonymous
Not applicable

The paid Webcam Pro version states that it supports one wireless connection. The EOS R100 is not on the list for compatibility with the Webcam Utility though. This page lists the compatible cameras.

https://www.usa.canon.com/cameras/eos-webcam-utility?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIppil8aiHgAMVEkZyCh0DewV3EAAYA... 

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Check your USB port setup in the camera.  You might be able to set it up as a webcam with just a couple of button clicks.  The Webcam Utility would not even be needed!

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

The USB Webcam feature does not appear to be supported on the R100.

But, HDMI output appears to be supported in Red Shooting Menu #8.

We'll that's unfortunate!  Looks like this camera will have to go back as HDMI output isn't an option.  I'll definitely need wireless streaming from a camera soon.  Any suggestions on a low to mid range cannon that can do this?

@bhauser wrote:

We'll that's unfortunate!  Looks like this camera will have to go back as HDMI output isn't an option.  I'll definitely need wireless streaming from a camera soon.  Any suggestions on a low to mid range cannon that can do this?

Wireless?  Why wireless?

I am not aware of any cameras that transmit HDMI video wirelessly.  Do you?  The EOS Webcam Utility is strictly an app that uses the USB port.  I do not expect any upgrades to make it wireless.

i feel you need to adjust your work flow to use a copper connection, not wireless.

Hi Waddizle,

I think this is a feature for certain cameras using the Webcam utility.  Looks like the R100 isn't compatible with wireless streaming.

Anonymous
Not applicable

The paid Webcam Pro version states that it supports one wireless connection. The EOS R100 is not on the list for compatibility with the Webcam Utility though. This page lists the compatible cameras.

https://www.usa.canon.com/cameras/eos-webcam-utility?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIppil8aiHgAMVEkZyCh0DewV3EAAYA... 

Thanks 5DIV,

This is what I was afraid of.  Looks like this isn't an option for this camera.  I need to be able to move it around freely in a room without worrying about yanking on cables.

Hi 5DIV,

I just wanted to add that I returned the r100 and replaced it with an r10 that works well with the webcam utility software. 

Thanks,

Brian

Anonymous
Not applicable

Glad that you were able to exchange it and get it working.

click here to view the gallery
Announcements