cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS webcam utility is not working after sequoia 15.1 update in Mac

santoshji
Apprentice

HI, I use Canon M50 and it was working very well in the earlier IOS but after updating to Sequoia it stopped. I was using this for all my Zoom sessions and now I can't anymore.

can anyone help?

thaank you in adavance~

7 REPLIES 7

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Unfortunately for you, Apple has a habit of making OS updates that break existing apps.  This can happen multiple times per year. You may have to wait until Apple releases an update, which is the most common fix.  

Recent updates have left the USB ports disabled.  I got sick of the merry-go-round and sold my Mac. 

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

You might also try deleting and reinstalling the third party, Canon apps. 

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Lostpixel
Apprentice

I upgraded to Sequoia 15.0.1 yesterday and all was fine, except my Mac started running at 100% on EWCService, even after a restart. I can't load any Canon App.
 A force quite simply causes EWCService to restart.

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.
The comment that Apple have a habit of making updates that break apps is a little worrying. All the developers have extensive access to betas to test out their software. Is someone not keeping their eye on the ball here?

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

The banner on the EOS webcam utility says this:

Untitled.jpg

Just to clarify - I wasn't using the Webcam App. My m/c started EWCService and ran it at 100% CPU utilisation. All the Canon Apps seem to be broken. I have disabled them in start-up to prevent EWCService from automatically restarting when it is killed.
While a fix is put in place, some advice on how to best configure the system to stop unexpected behaviour would be helpful. 

Am guessing this also stops applications like LR from accessing files from connected cameras. That's likely to be a nuisance for many users. 

I was answering the OP who *is* using the Webcam app. I suggest you start your own topic.

Announcements