cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS WebcamUtility no longer works

Design-AZM
Apprentice

Hello,

First of all, I use to live stream with my EOS 6D Camera. My computer is a MacBook Pro 16" from 2019 (Sonoma 14.4) and I stream with OBS 30.0.2 version.

It's been a few months since I last streamed. Before restarting my streams, I made a few updates. Since then, my camera is no longer recognized, and the EOS WebcamUtility software no longer displays an image.
But, when I launch it, the red light on my camera turns on to tell me it's connected. I looked for old versions of Eos WebcamUtility but I can't find any more, neither on Canon website nor elsewhere. I tested around ten versions but either the software does not install, or my camera is not recognized. 
The version that is currently installed on my computer is 2.1.18 (2.1.18.702). The software detects when I launch Zoom or OBS for example, but that's it. EOS Utility is not installed. Only EOS WebcamUtility is on my computer.

I can't afford to buy a new camera yet. And I use to work with it. I am a freelance Graphic Designer.

Does anyone here have a solution for me?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

tony34
Contributor

Design-AZM,

Have you tried disabling the integrated webcam? Something about the presence of more than one camera seems to cause problems. I found anther issue where this was the case and disabling the integrated webcam fixed the issue. 

tony34_0-1711403266856.png

-Tony

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

tony34
Contributor

Design-AZM,

Have you tried disabling the integrated webcam? Something about the presence of more than one camera seems to cause problems. I found anther issue where this was the case and disabling the integrated webcam fixed the issue. 

tony34_0-1711403266856.png

-Tony

Hi Tony34,
Thanks for your help.

How can I disable the integrated webcam. When I use software like ZOOM or OBS, I don't use the webcam, only my camera... but that was before it was no longer recognized.

Design-AZM

Hi Tony34,

I just did a quick search and found that I already know how to turn off the webcam. I just didn't know that this was the solution. I thought I needed to do more manipulation. Ultimately it works very well.

Thank you very much for the help you gave me.

Design-AZM

Glad to hear it worked! 

Announcements