cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Rebel T6i - Difficulty Connecting to EOS Webcam Utility Pro

mward703
Apprentice

I signed up for the trial, had a few hiccups getting the utility to connect to my subscription, now having trouble linking the camera.  Before downloading this, I made sure my Rebel T6i should work nd it was listed so it should.  I've connected the camera to the wifi network using the only option that seemed to allow that - View Images on DLNA devices.  The pairing just hangs.  What am I doing wrong and how do I get support or is it not available?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello mward703,

The wireless feature is not available for the EOS Rebel T6i unfortunately. It would work with the free trial if this camera were compatible with that subscription. I have included a link to our webpage displaying which models are compatible with which features HERE for your reference. In terms of your second question, this software is simply a bridge to video conferencing software where it encodes the video feed into a streamable format for the video conferencing software to show. The EOS Webcam Utility Pro does not offer a method for saving/recording footage.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

SamanthaW

Hello there!

While the Canon Community is not intended for immediate support from Canon USA, our Community members may very well know how to help.

If more immediate assistance is needed, please reach out by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666). They're available Monday to Saturday, excluding holidays! 

I got some help but still have an issue.  I had been unable to register my camera and was able to get help with that at this support number.  I can use the camera with a USB but it won't pair wirelessly... apparently the free trial isn't an actual trial of the full utility but a lesser experience, which seems ridiculous to me.  I'm stuck with limited functionality for 30 days.  I also can't find any instructions on how to use the utility and it's not completely intuitive.  Is this just a conduit from the camera to other applications or can I record something in this utility that I then transfer to another app or upload?

Hello mward703,

The wireless feature is not available for the EOS Rebel T6i unfortunately. It would work with the free trial if this camera were compatible with that subscription. I have included a link to our webpage displaying which models are compatible with which features HERE for your reference. In terms of your second question, this software is simply a bridge to video conferencing software where it encodes the video feed into a streamable format for the video conferencing software to show. The EOS Webcam Utility Pro does not offer a method for saving/recording footage.

click here to view the gallery
Announcements