cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon EOS m50 Not Working As Webcam (Used to 7 days ago)

DomBavaro
Apprentice

Hi, I've been using the Canon m50 for almost 3 years as a webcam using the EOS Utility app and recently Eos Webcam utility pro with ZERO issues. Windows 11 operating system. 

My usual procedure would be:

• Flip on camera
  • close the utility that auto launches
  • open zoom or Camtasia and start recording

For some reason, I hopped on today and While I have the "white computer on the black screen" in the camera LCD, as soon as I select the camera inside my software, the LCD becomes a viewfinder and I get a black screen on the computer itself. Sometimes it's the "Eos Webcam Utility" with the disconnected cable icon though.

Was there an update? I tried unistalling and re-installing everything. no luck. Where do I start?

1 REPLY 1

provisa
Apprentice

WIN_20241003_12_49_30_Pro.jpgSolution to Canon EOS Webcam Utility not displaying the screen or working! It keeps displaying:

Canon latest web cam driver abnormal solution

The process is as follows:
1. Uninstall C 1.3.16. Uninstalling is difficult, please try various methods.

EOS Webcam Utility 1.3.16 [Windows]
Last updated: 08-Jun-2024
Release number: DLAP000408

2. If Eos Utility is installed, disable auto-start.

EOS Utility 3.18.40 for WindowsLast
updated: 10-Sep-2024Release
number: 0200721105

3. Find and download the old version of EOS Webcam Utility, which is version 1.1 (the latest version on the official website is: EOSWebcamUtility-WIN1.3.16.zip)

Old version download link: https://downloads.canon.com/webcam/EOSWebcamUtility-WIN1.1.zip

4. With the camera cable plugged in and the camera not turned off, install the software (a confirmation window for installing the video driver will pop up) and restart.

You can use the Canon live broadcast software normally, and there will be no missing picture!

Personally tested!!!

This is the case for both win11 and win10 systems, so the fundamental problem that Canon's live broadcast software cannot be used is Canon's software driver problem, which is caused by the failure to adapt to win10 and 11 or some updates to the win system.

Announcements