cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannon Eos Webcam Utility Using Up CPU

Jude7
Apprentice

Hey,

So, I have the rebel t1i and recently bought the webcam utility pro subscription so i can use it for live streaming. First time I open it to stream it uses around 40% of my CPU and brings the usage to over 100%. Once I close the software OBS works fine, but when I open it, OBS lags a lot while streaming because of the software using up the cpu. Is there any way to lower the cpu usage. I was seeing if there was a way to disable the preview on the eos webcam software but couldn't find if its possible. So if anyone know of any possible ways to lower the usage please respond.

Thanks for your help😀

1 REPLY 1

NatalyaP
Product Expert
Product Expert

Greetings Jude7,

I'm sorry to hear about the high CPU usage you're experiencing when using the EOS Webcam Utility software. We suggest for the computer to meet the minimum requirements for using the software. Unfortunately, there is not an option available to reduce the CPU usage of the application or to hide, close the preview the software provides when it's running.

In the meantime, I can submit your feedback to our software engineers for consideration and may be incorporated in future updates. Please note that decisions to incorporate certain functions to the application are made by our software engineers based on a number of factors

click here to view the gallery
Announcements