cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Rebel T5 "Card cannot be accessed. Reinsert/change card or format card

danielle4
Apprentice

I just got this error on my T5. When I try to take a picture, it says: "Card cannot be accessed.  Reinsert/change card or format card with camera." re-inserted but no luck.

So, I try to format the card from the camera menu settings, and it says "Cannot format.  Change card."

I even tried re-formatting the cards on my computer, but still no luck. the card works on other cameras, so it's not the card.

I have used  this card in the camera before and never had a problem, this just happened all of the sudden.

PLease help. My camera is only 4 months old.

22 REPLIES 22

mehdimed
Apprentice

Hello, I had this exact same problem! I have two SD cards (one a normal SD and the other one is a Micro SD inside an adapter)!

All I did is clean the "golden" pins (I'm not sure how you call them)!!! Both of them were a bit "dirty" from overuse, once I cleaned them they worked perfectly

Hope this would help

Theomid
Apprentice
I have a cannon1Dx mark ii and I have same issue “Card cannot be accessed. Reinsert/change card or format card“

Is there any way to retreat photographs or data back?

I’m using CFast card

If you have photos on the Cfast card, as recommended above first try to read them with your Cfast card reader and if that doesn't work AND they are important photos then check with the card manufacturer to see if they have recommended recovery software.

When I was primarily using my 1D Mark II I would transfer photos by putting its SD card into a reader.  But now that my 1DX Mark II and 1DX are what I use most of the time I transfer images via the Ethernet port.  If you are using CF and Cfast cards with a card reader, make sure that you are using very good quality cards from a reputable retailer and be very careful inserting those cards because CF and Cfast socket pins are fragile compared to many other interface systems and easy to bend.

NOTE:  there are a lot of lower end Cfast cards that use "CF class" memory and although these fit the Cfast port they only provide CF level performance.  Also, memory cards are one of the most counterfeited products in the world and what you often get from large online merchants is a fake which may have both electronic and physical/mechanical deficiencies.  After getting some counterfeits from the very large online retailer, I now buy all of my memory cards from B&H and Adorama.

Rodger

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video
Announcements