cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

external mic doesn't work

dlarlQma
Contributor

20180810_110556.jpg20180810_111438.jpg20180810_111441.jpg

I have tried both manual and auto settings, but I constantly get the three check marks and the mic off sign (first picture), Please help me. The mic I'm using is the Video Micro from Rode.

8 REPLIES 8

Tim
Authority

Hello dlarlQma, 

You may wish to let the community know how this microphone is connected.  Does it connect through the microphone terminal?  If so, it should be given priority over the onboard microphone. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

20180810_134502.jpg

This is how I connect the mic to the camera.

The Rode VideoMicro requires power from the microphone jack that it connects to.  What camera are you using?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

dlarlQma
Contributor
i use the canon t6i

@dlarlQma wrote:
i use the canon t6i

The microphone requires a microphone input that provides phantom power, which I believe your Rebel does not provide.

dlarlQma
Contributor
i saw a youtube video and the person just plugged the mic directly into the camera.

@dlarlQma wrote:
i saw a youtube video and the person just plugged the mic directly into the camera.

So, what.  What camera were they using?  Look for a YouTube video about Phantom Power for microphones.

@dlarlQma wrote:

You could also have a bad microphone.  Take it up with Rode.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements