cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RebelT6 and Studio Trigger?

dean496
Apprentice

Hi,

I just got a Rebel T6. I have previous exprience with higher end Nikon cameras and have used wireless triggers in a studio before. 

I cannot find any info on whether the T6 will be able to utilize a wireless trigger to control studio stobes. The studio owner has triggers compatible with Canon...so, as long as Flash is enabled can the camera fire the strobe? Meaning, will this lower end camera be able to utilize a wireless trigger?

Thanks...Dean

3 REPLIES 3

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@dean496 wrote:

Hi,

I just got a Rebel T6. I have previous exprience with higher end Nikon cameras and have used wireless triggers in a studio before. 

I cannot find any info on whether the T6 will be able to utilize a wireless trigger to control studio stobes. The studio owner has triggers compatible with Canon...so, as long as Flash is enabled can the camera fire the strobe? Meaning, will this lower end camera be able to utilize a wireless trigger?

Thanks...Dean

Not sure if it can.  That body is fairly bare boned, nothing fancy about it.  Try it, and see.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Tim
Authority

Hello dean496, 

At this time we are not in a position to be able to test and confirm whether these wireless transmitters will work.  This is because they are third party devices and not supported by Canon.  You will want to contact the manufacturer of the transmitter to see if this camera is supported.  

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

dean496
Apprentice
It worked just fine.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements