cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon RP Rapidly Firing - Not set to drive mode

Flashdrop
Apprentice

I have a few Canon RPs that get used in a volume portrait studio, and recently multiple people, myself included, have experienced issues where an RP takes two pictures in rapid succession, despite not being in drive mode.  

This is an issue as the strobes we use can't handle this kind of rapid firing, and it will trip the circuit breaker or even damage the equipment.  We use Pocketwizard II's to trigger the flash, and Dynalite lighting equipment.  

Can anyone shine some light as to why this might be happening?  

2 REPLIES 2

wq9nsc
Elite
Elite

Probably the shutter release switch is showing some age/wear resulting in contact bounce which will trigger multiple captures.  If so, the only fix would be sending them to Canon service to replace that part.  Alternatively, if you are using these mounted on tripods you could use a remote release plugged into the camera but that would be inconvenient in normal usage.

Rodger

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video

Hmm that is an interesting notion!  One other way to trigger the camera would be the touch shutter feature, so I might have people use that and see if it mitigates the problem, and if so, would speak to what you are suggesting.  

Announcements