cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horizontal vs portrait

chief
Rising Star

I was taking photos for my website and had camera on tripod, close up setting, pointing down at object. when i checked photos they were in horizontal image, i then had to change battery, removed camera from tripod re atached same way/position and took more photos and when i checked those they were in the portrait/verticle image, I changed no settings put camera in exact same position. why did it change orientation from horizontal to portrait/vertica?

10 REPLIES 10

@chief wrote:
understand about resolution but am confused about sensing orientation. What would happen if I am holding camera in horizontal orientation take image then absentmindedly turn camera to verticle while holding camera then bring up to take new image in horizontal does camera then decide ah I think vertical??

No because when the camera is held with the lens parallel to the ground the camera will sense that you turned it back to horizontal. It is only because you turned the lens straight down (neither horizontal or vertical) that it stayed in the vertical orientation. 

Announcements