cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon EOS Rebel T3 not taking out pictures

ricki2014
Contributor

I have my camera since 2010. lastweek I tried taking out pictures and realise I wasnt getting a focus but I took a picture. Now today, I am pressing the shutter button but nothing.

I have a stock lense EFS 18-55MM and its on the Canon EOS Rebel T3.

I took the lense out and cleaned the contacts, and replaced the lense, this did not helped. I also did a manual reset on the features but that didnt help either.

Please help me.

23 REPLIES 23

We just wanted to let you know that we don't recommend do-it-yourself repairs. So, if you’re experiencing a problem with your EOS Rebel T3, it’s best to let a professional Canon Factory Service Center Technician do the work to keep you and your gear safe.

The menu screen you posted tells me either you didn't set the camera back to factory defaults or you are messing with it's controls. Neither is conclusive to analyzing the problem.

If you take it to Canon for service this is the first thing they will do. Make sure the camera is set to factory defaults.

Replace all batteries with new fully charged ones. Format the SD card with that camera. Set it to fully automatic and the lens to AF.

Try it on a sunny fully lighted day.

The setting of "M" and 3 stops underexposed is a drastic setting and something you probably will never use.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

hey buddy,

I will do just that, if no success I will do as Tiffany says.

Note- I didnt mess around withthe settings but my brother did use my camera on 2 ocassions and since then I have been having problems. I want to beleive he messed around, trying new things. 

But i will do a restore once again.

"Note- I didnt mess around withthe settings but my brother did ..."

Somebody did and you need to get back to square one or we are not going to know anything. If you do not have to set the date and time as you turn it on after the reset to factory, you didn't do it right.

EB

Hey I hear you 

I went into menu and went down to clear setting I did a clear settings but I did not have to change the time, therefore I havent yet dont a Factory reset. Cant you guide me along how I do so/

Appreciate it buddy.

Yes, sir no problem.

You have to remove (all) the batteries for some time.   An hour or two is good but it may need to be longer.

There may be a keep alive battery, also. I am not sure about the T3 but most Canon (some do not) cameras have a seperate date/time battery.

At any rate if you do not have to set the date/time, it isn't reset.

After it is reset put the camera on the green square and the lens on AF. Try it out.

EB

Hey ,

so the Battery is out and it will go back in inthe morning. I am reading the manual to just brush up on the little things that might have slipped my mind.

Thanks very much .

I will give u a feedback tomorrow budy. Take care.

According to these specs, the T3/1000D has an integral rechargeable date/time battery that keeps a charge for 3 months. 

Canon Batteries

_battery1.jpg

_battery2.jpg

Mike Sowsun

Hey,

I inserted the battery this morning and I wasnt prompted for a time to change. I had to check manually the time and do a change. I them proceed to take a picture out and the promble is still there.

I will hold on and take it to a Canon technician to repair.

Thank you.

Good day folks.

So its been about a week or two now. I put back the battery in the camera from since I took it out. When I power it on, everythin comes on normal. I was not prompted for any date and time set.

I tried to take a picture but Problem still exist. I am tryingto find out where in my country that does repairs to Canon DSLR cameras. I havent been called back yet. If I cant get a reliable technician here I will ship to the US, most closest repair centre and have it check out.

Announcements