cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 750D gets stuck and won't save image

Brendahian
Contributor
I have been having the same issue. It started around a year and a half ago and it's gotten worse, now i can't even shoot a few shots without it getting stuck and sometimes from the first shot it just stops working and the photo number starts blinking. First time i reset the camera to factory settings it worked fine for a while but then the whole thing started again. I've used different SD cards it's still the same. My camera is fairly new and i had a friend take it apart to check the camera mirror box and what not and he even was surprised to see how new the camera was. Called canon support and even they didn't know what was wrong with the camera and it can't be from the SD cards. Told me to bring it in for a check up, haven't gotten around to do it yet.
Any update from anyone here? Have you found a fix?
I'e restored camera settings and formatted the SD cards multiple times, didn't work.
28 REPLIES 28

@Brendahian wrote:
I will try to do that. What do you recommend i use for the SD card?

Where you purchase memory cards is just as important as what brand and type of card.  

AFAC3BCC-7339-47C2-BDC1-56830B8F9F33.jpeg

I recommend either of the two cards seen on the right, [except you want the 32GB version].  The one on the far left is low quality, which I would not recommend.

You stated above that the camera displays a message that suggested that it is recording multiple images to the card.  What sort of shooting are you doing that would cause that too happen.  Are you continuously shooting until the buffer is full?

Are you shooting in low light conditions?  Have you tried resetting the camera back to factory defaults?  You must be in P, Av, Tv, or M mode to reset the camera.  

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

IMHO, 128GB SD cards are too big. It tends to make a person use their camera as a storage device which it is not. A better best practice is 32 GB SD cards. Hopefully that will cause you to change them so all your photos do not reside on a single SD cards. So, if there is a problem all is not lost. If you do buy 128GB SD card, buy several and change them so the risk of lose is reduced.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@ebiggs1 wrote:

IMHO, 128GB SD cards are too big. It tends to make a person use their camera as a storage device which it is not. A better best practice is 32 GB SD cards. Hopefully that will cause you to change them so all your photos do not reside on a single SD cards. So, if there is a problem all is not lost. If you do buy 128GB SD card, buy several and change them so the risk of lose is reduced.

Yes, you are correct.  I had forgotten that image showed 128 GB cards.  

I made the same recommendation to use 32 GB, or smaller cards on an earlier reply.  I wanted to show the difference between cards.  Some cards form major manufacturers are not suitable, like UHS-II cards, for example.

Great Smiley Happy

EB

@Waddizzle wrote:

@Brendahian wrote:
I will try to do that. What do you recommend i use for the SD card?

Where you purchase memory cards is just as important as what brand and type of card.  

AFAC3BCC-7339-47C2-BDC1-56830B8F9F33.jpeg

I recommend either of the two cards seen on the right, [except you want the 32GB version].  The one on the far left is low quality, which I would not recommend.

Are Lexar Professional 1000x 64GB SDXC UHS-II Cards OK to use?

--
Walter
in Davie, FL

"Are Lexar Professional 1000x 64GB SDXC UHS-II Cards OK to use?"

The UHS-II cards are not suitable for most Canon cameras.  They are definitely not suitable for use in an older camera like the 750D. Refer to your User Manual for the best cards to use in your camera.

@Waddizzle wrote:

"Are Lexar Professional 1000x 64GB SDXC UHS-II Cards OK to use?"

The UHS-II cards are not suitable for most Canon cameras.  They are definitely not suitable for use in an older camera like the 750D. Refer to your User Manual for the best cards to use in your camera.

UHS-II cards offer faster read and write speeds. Why are they not suitable for most Canon cameras?

--
Walter
in Davie, FL

"UHS-II cards offer faster read and write speeds."

It isn't the SD card in this case as the camera can not W/R any faster than it can no matter how fast the SD card is.

EB

Thank you!

That makes much more sense than "UHS-II cards are not suitable for most Canon cameras". That's kind of like saying that my Genesis 5.0 R-Spec is not suitable for most roads in the U.S. It's capable of going 150 MPH, but it still gets me around town in style with no problems. And, BTW, my camera is an SL2.

--
Walter
in Davie, FL

I have no idea what a Genesis 5.0 R-Spec is but you are always better off using the SD cards that your Canon manual says.

EB
Announcements